As a true and certified CrackBerry addict, I know that one of the biggest selling features of BlackBerry phones is the battery; it can give a fairly long life to your BB handset. But that is no reason to abuse your BlackBerry phone.
Otherwise, you will be compelled to avail of a BlackBerry trade in soon.
If you are a true CrackBerry, you will prolong the life of your BB phone at all costs. You love your BB so much that you can’t bear the thought of letting go of it, well, unless there is a better BB phone available on the market.
And if you sincerely love your BB, you will have to abide by some rules and follow the tips that will prolong the overall life of the battery:
THE GUIDE: (Increasing the Usage Time Between Charges)
- If you want to increase the time when you have to use your BlackBerry, I think the most practical way to go about it is to turn the phone off. You read that correctly, buddy! If you don’t intend to attend to an incoming call while you are asleep or during work hours, it is better if you just turn off your BlackBerry. This principle holds true to all smartphones and cell phones. If you think you will go to a place with no signal say a subway or a tunnel, turn it off. Your phone, in that state, will search for signal and it will consume a lot of its battery power.
- Stop searching for a signal. It’s a very familiar situation: You are in the suburbs and you badly need to make a call or send a text message. You wave your phone back and forth, but all efforts are in vain. What’s more dejecting is that the act alone eats up a lot of its power juice. If you don’t want to experience this situation, avoid places with poor reception or get yourself a cell phone repeater. That will most likely amplify the signal.
- No to the vibrate function: It takes a lot of power juice. If you need to keep the phone silent, use a gentle ringtone, instead. And keep it as low as possible.
- No to fancy backgrounds and too bright backlight. The backlight is responsible for giving light on the phone so that things will be easy to read and see. Nevertheless, the light still takes up a lot of battery. The screen can be adjusted and you can lower its brightness. Your eyes would definitely thank you for this.
- Refrain from using unnecessary actions or features. If you think it will be a while before you can recharge your phone, do not try to use services or apps that will consume a lot of your power like Bluetooth, web surfing, or using the camera for videotaping or photo-capturing purposes.
These are just some of the ways for you to ensure that your Blackberry phone, as well as its battery, will live longer.
Or you can sell old BlackBerry anytime!